24 March, 2006

It's been a long week

It felt like I was walking into my office for the thousandth time this week rather than the 5th. I'm ready for the weekend, that's for sure. I want to sleep in! I didn't have a very good sleep last night. Tink was very restless and woke me up twice. I finally let her go outside from 1 to 2 and then she slept okay until the alarm. She's been very antsy these past few days. That's why I haven't been able to finish anything this week. She won't let me alone for more than a few minutes. She wants to play ball or have me brush her or ... I don't know. Maybe it's the change in season. I will have to give her an extra long walk tomorrow. Sunday I'm taking her with me to dinner at a friend's house. They have a puppy about her size and she can play and wear herself out.

I did manage to finish the 3rd repeat of the lace pattern on the socks but that's it. Oh! I recorded the South Park season premier from Wednesday and watched it last night. Holy cow! They really gave it to Isaac Hayes - the guy who voiced Chef - for quitting the show. It was hilarious! I love that about South Park -- that they can get a show ready in a week so they're always so topical.

Also I finally checked out the Ricky Gervais podcasts. They are hysterical!! He did 12 shows for free but there is now only one of the free ones left up. However, you can buy the entire 12 shows for less than $5, which I did. Totally worth it. In fact, when I'm done listening to these 6 hours I'm going to subscribe to the new shows. I was listening to them at the gym yesterday and kept bursting out in laughter. People must have thought I was nuts.

So my goals for the weekend, knitting-wise, are to first finish up that chunky sweater, then finish the socks. Hopefully Cat will let me know about the sizing for her little girl's top so I can get on with that. I received the 6 skeins of Kuryeon yesterday and you can imagine how hard it was for me to keep my hands off it. I must finish some things before I dare start another or I'm going to be in trouble. I don't want to be one of those people with a thousand WIPs laying around.

No comments: