09 March, 2006

I just didn't do my research!

"What's crab grass?" I wondered briefly as I read the back of the Weed 'n Feed bag last Saturday. I was scanning, looking for "kills dandelions". Ah! Good enough! So I put it on the lawn. And yesterday morning I was looking to see if those pesky weeds were indeed fading away, but I didn't see any evidence of that. When I got home I took a closer look and what I did notice is that some patches of the lawn itself are turning yellow. Hmmmmm .... could it be crab grass?? Dang! So NOW I know what crab grass is ---- it's what comprises about 30% of my so called lawn!! Aggressively turning yellow now. The weeds? Doing fine so far. Perhaps some real research is needed.

And speaking of yellow - I had the oddest thought in the middle of the night. Paranoia is like mustard yellow. It doesn't look good on anyone.

I am finally going to that crepe restaurant/wine bar tonight. It has been open in my neighborhood for almost 2 years now and each time I walk by I think I should definitely go in and try it out. There are always people eating and drinking at all hours, so it can't be that bad. Tonight is the night. We'll see. I do like good crepes.

I finished my first sock last night. And I did NOT graft the toe. What a waste of time! I just did a neat little 3-needle bind off and weaved in the ends and it's fine. Perfect. Looks great. I will cast on for the second one today. Don't want it to be lonely now, do we?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Congrats on the Sock!!! I use the 3 needle bind off as well, my grafting is pretty lame and it goes oh so much quicker.

Anonymous said...

Socks are something that I just don't seem to have enough patience for. I really admire that you do!

Secret Pal