30 March, 2006

It feels like spring to me

And I really can't say why. Maybe because it was sunny when I got up today. (Of course by now it's cloudy and threatening to rain). It just smells so good outside! All of the things that are blooming now - the hyacinths smell wonderful and there is one particular flower lining a path that I bike through to get to and from upper campus that is just awesome! I don't know ... I guess I just feel good!

No knitting to speak of last night. I did a couple rows to start the skirt part of the flower set but I may have to frog it. I was at my Dad's and the light was poor and I may have dropped a stitch. If I can't pick it up I'm going to have to rip it back, but it's only a matter of a couple rows, since I've only just started. I sure hope I have enough of the lavender to make the skirt, considering I ran out of yarn for the top. I don't know ... I'm not having much luck with the dyelot search. Yarnfinders.com has disappeared - and what a shame too, because that was such a fantastic service. Nobody on Craftster has spoken up so it looks like I'll just have to make the sleeve out of a different dyelot. I was thinking of starting with the yarn I have and seeing if it is enough, but I am pretty certain it isn't. I think it would be better to make the whole sleeve out of the same dyelot rather than have it be half and half. I just hope it isn't too obvious.

Tonight though (after I mow the lawn, unless it rains) I am going to turn the heel on that sock and pick up the gusset stitches and see if I can make sense out of the instructions. I think I have it pictured correctly in my mind but of course will only know once I get there. I think that's it's going to be a HUGE pain to have a third (5th) needle hanging around holding stitches while I work the second heel flap but that's the only way to do it. I will definitely take pictures of the process.

No comments: