08 March, 2006

Yeee-ouch!!

Well, after my first workout in ... oh gosh about 2 months(!) I had a great one yesterday but oh my gosh, my triceps and pecs are so sore that I can barely get my hands above my head! I don't mind, I know it'll go away, but wow ... I didn't think I would get that sore.

I keep thinking about that great Italian meal I had Sunday night -- a wonderful penne pasta with chunks of smoked salmon and fresh green peas and capers and dill .... oh it was soooo good! I think it was the best Italian meal I've had since that little restaurant in Toronto about a year ago. The pasta there was exceptional, must have been homemade. The pasta Sunday wasn't quite as good but well cooked. Since I've got a bathing suit vacation coming up AND I've been slacking off on the working out, there are going to be few Italian meals in my immediate future. I've got to get into bathing suit shape! It's completely doable, but I'm going to have to be vigilant. It's nice to have a goal.

Speaking of Toronto .. I had that gorgeous Italian meal with the intended recipient of the Big Blue Sweater who has as yet to claim it. I am alternately angry and concerned. Angry because I carried that darned sweater and yarn to Europe and back and all places in between in a back pack!! NOT my preferred piece of carry on luggage by any means!! And concerned because this is just absolutely uncharacteristic behavior. And then sometimes I'm just sad because of what this might portend. Ah well ... ah well.

I worked on my sock while I was getting my hair done yesterday evening. Tonight I think I will finish it. I am wondering though -- why graft the toe? I'm just going to do a 3-needle bind off. That little teensie seam won't bother anything. I also worked on the pretty little girl top while I was watching "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". I had it on my Netflix queue and got it the day it was released. I didn't finish it though because Tinkerbell was just too hyped up last night for some reason. I had to pay attention to her and it's the kind of movie where you really want all of your attention upon it. Tonight I can finish it up.

I have decided to give my Secret Pal, for her last gift, some dye-your-own yarn as suggested by Tammy, the SP Hostess. Guess I'd better order that today so I can get it to her by the end of the month, eh?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see what you send your pal!!! Don't forget the Kool Aid ;-)