02 March, 2006

A dream within a dream

This is so weird! I was dreaming last night about shopping for shoes with a friend. She found a gorgeous pair of vintage designer pumps. I told her, jokingly, that it was a good thing she'd spotted them before me because I had dreamed about them! And she said, "Yes, but you dreamed about giving them to me." And then in my dream I remembered another dream where indeed that had happened. I don't know ... it's hard to explain. But it was weird.

AAAAnnyway .... in knitting news ... I have only 10 rows left to do on my v-neck raglan sweater. I could have easily finished it last night but I got caught up reading Debbie Stoller's new book while I was cooking dinner and never got back to knitting. No matter, I can easily finish it up tonight. And then .... then I'm going to make an adorable little top and skirt set for a friend's little girl. It's from Studio Knits, only instead of having the top green and the bottom blue, she wants the top pink and the bottom lavender. So it's not going to look much like a flower, really. But I'm sure it'll be cute. I wanted to make it with a cotton/acrylic blend yarn but when I tried to order it they were out of the colors I needed. My friend is, by her admission, not much of a hand washer so this thing needs to be machine washable. Off to my LYS I went and on their superwash wall the only two yarns that would make gauge were Cashsoft DK and Debbie Bliss' Cashmerino Aran, which didn't have the right pink. So I bought the Cashsoft. Hopefully I won't need all that I bought and can return a couple skeins.

I got all of the little left over sticky bits off my legs today and have one more appointment with the doctor in a couple weeks for a few injections. I can go back to the gym again! yay!! I can use the elliptical trainer but won't be able to run for 3 weeks after the injections which will put me into the second week of April. But as long as I can use the Precor I can get cardio. Plus I can ride my bike and, well IF I could swim, I could swim. So I ordered "Sock Soar on Two Circular Needles" yesterday because I decided I wanted to make some socks to wear with shorts this spring and summer. As if I need another obsession. Don't even think it. I know. But it looks like fun and it would be a way to use up some of that recycled cashmere.

No comments: