23 March, 2006

Rude or what?

Last night I was sitting there reading a magazine and Tinkerbell was outside, doing whatever it is doggies do. It was around 7 o'clock and quiet. She would bark now and again if another dog was passing (it's a very doggie neighborhood) but otherwise, very quiet. But around 7 she started barking. I thought it was just a dog walking by so let her go for a minute but when she didn't quiet down I opened the door and shushed her. That only lasted a second and off she went again! So I opened the door again and looked out and I could just see the top of a woman's head to the left of my gate, so I supposed she and her dog were walking by and Tink would shut up in a minute. But no. She kept it up! So I went out again and couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary but thought I'd peek my head out of the gate to see if someone was getting into their car or whatever. What did I see? A woman and her dog just sitting about 10 feet from my gate! Her dog was in a sit and she looked up at me and said that she was trying to train her dog not to react when other dogs bark from their yard! I mean!! So she's just going to stay there and get MY dog all riled up??? I don't think so. I turned on my heel without a word, scooped Tink up and took her into the house. I think that is just awful behavior. Not only is she driving Tink nuts, she driving my neighbors nuts because Tink is barking and making me crazy as well. What an idiot.

I can really tell the season's changing because it's so light in the mornings now. When I woke up this morning I thought it was Saturday because it was light and the alarm hadn't gone off. But no, it was only about 6 am. It was supposed to be cloudy and rainy today but it's nice this morning so I took a picture of the Quad on my way in. The Blogger is being a bit obstinate and won't download the pictures, which is quite nice considering it's from my phone. Here's a link to it.

I did not work on my socks last night. I am going to make a gung-ho effort to not only get them done this weekend but also the chunky cardigan. And I think I'm done with chunky knits for a while. There is a top in the new Vogue that I am just crazy about - a Nicky Epstein. It's gorgeous. And looks hard to do. But it's in cotton so it would be a good spring/summer project. I'm vacillating. In the meantime I swatched for a cute little shrug rather than work on the socks. Tonight for sure. If I can keep the dog occupied I should be able to finish the ankle and start on a heel.

No comments: