17 March, 2006

I must rant today

I need to rant today. I am just sooo angry! I hate hate HATE when people make plans with you when, apparently, they are drunk. And then cancel at the last minute! That just makes me want to scream. How rude is that?? So I had a little extra time yesterday evening. As in the whole evening. I was too mad to watch TV or read so I put on some music and cast on two socks. Nice thing about knitting when you're angry - it goes pretty darned fast. I got all of the ribbing and six rows into the first lace repeats. Doing two at once is a breeze so far. It's was a bit dicey at first but it always is getting these things started. Once I got a few rows on the needles it was fine. The real test will come later.

I stopped at the LYS on the way home yesterday because I may have to get another skein of yarn for the flower top [which is another pet peeve of mine - why can't patterns give you yardage rather than weight? It's just not accurate enough]. The yarn store didn't have another skein of that yarn, wouldn't you know it, but they did have a whole wall of Koigu so I grabbed a couple skeins of that. So what am I going to do about the top? Well I am not entirely sure that I didn't make it too large to begin with, so I'm going to bring it in to work next week and Cat can take it home and try it on her little girl and see how it fits. It's it's too large, then I'll frog it and start over and I should have enough yarn. If it just fits then I'm going to have to scramble and try to find another skein of that dye lot. It's doable but it's a hassle.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to any Irish out there in blog land. I sent a text message to my friend Emma, who is Irish. She vowed that she would NOT be working this St. Patrick's day. She used to work at the Temple Bar in Dublin, which is a madhouse at any time of the year but on this day - hideous. Anyway, she said she's not working and is just heading out. I wish I was with her.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You will have to show us a pick of your socks. Which pattern are you using?