13 March, 2006

It was the chemistry!

I had an enjoyable evening Friday seeing "Private Lives" although I was just a teensie bit disappointed. The chemistry between the leads was just a bit off - like totally not believable. It's such a wonderful script though that you can't help but enjoy yourself.

Saturday and Sunday were beautiful days. Tink got some lovely long walks and yesterday, the more sunny of the two, she spent basking in the sun on the steps or on the walkway. I finally planted some spring bulbs in a pot for the deck. It's a bit late but I think they'll come up just fine. Next weekend my goal is to spruce up the little beds by the mailbox at my gate. Right now they're just full of weeds. I'll get some primroses, I think.

The Seahawks lost two really good players this weekend with free agency plus the Vikings have tendered a HUGE offer to Steve Hutchinson, as a restricted free agent. The Seahawks have a week to match it or .... I don't know they can maybe get a trade or something. But it would be awful to lose him. I just scanned the sports page this morning so I don't have any idea if the Seahawks are making noises about matching the offer or what.

Speaking of mailbox - guess what came in that mailbox Friday? A jury summons. Oh joy. Here's the difference between me and a lawyer friend. When I got the summons I moaned. Boooooring! When I told my friend she was like, "Oh! How exciting!!"


I finished my socks. This is a super bad picture, but at least you can there are two. My Secret Pal left me a little comment saying that she's never had the patience for socks. I must say that doing them on 2 circular needles is just soooo easy! And fast as well. Much better than trying to wrestle with those little DPNs. I figured out the Turkish cast on so if I ever do some toe-up ones I've got the perfect way to cast on without a seam. It's very neat.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the socks!! So when are you casting on for your second pair?

Anonymous said...

It's your secret pal again- there's a package on it's way to you....

Pally