31 March, 2006

I just feel so good!

I can't even begin to describe how good I've been feeling lately! And I know it's directly attributable to getting back into my routines. And while I can't run for another week, I've been walking and that in combination with riding every day and the gym -- well, I feel practically normal. And happy! I've been sleeping like a stone and getting up when the alarm goes off, refreshed. What a relief. I even mowed the lawn after I walked the dog last night. And good job too, because it rained during the night. Well anyway .... it's just nice to feel good again.

One dark cloud though - those darned socks! I finished turning the first heel and had written out the instructions for picking up the gusset stitches and getting on to the next sock. I SWEAR I followed them to the letter but now I have this tangled mess and no free end to start the second heel. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong and I just don't know what to do about it. I'm going to write to the woman who has the pattern on Knitty, post something on Craftster as well, but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to frog that first sock (it's the one with the hole in the ribbing anyway) and just finish up the second and re-start the first. As I said, I'm really not all that keen on doing two at once anyway. I think it has slowed me down, quite frankly. I was very disappointed that it didn't come out right. I had pictured it in my head and thought I had it figured out but the holding needle isn't holding the stitches I thought it would be. I took pictures but it's just a mess and hard to even see. I have so many projects lining up now I want to get them finished.

Good luck to Nonnahs on her big moving weekend!!!

No comments: