01 May, 2006

Hooray Hooray the First of May!!

And we all know how the rest of the rhyme goes.

I had a mixed bag of a weekend. Friday is was 72 degrees and gorgeous but when I awoke Saturday morning it was chilly and threatening rain and when I got out of the gym at 11 it was sprinkling. That turned into just plain pouring in another hour, and it was 52 degrees. Twenty degrees difference! It put me in a terrible mood, especially since I had to go clean my Dad's apartment, which is like the chore from hell. I put a good face on it though and got it done, but was in such a bad mood by the time I was done that I just crawled under the covers and took a nap until I had to get up to go out. I had a girlie evening - a couple Cosmos and a chic flick. Actually I really enjoyed the movie - it was "Friends with money". There was one actor that was driving me nuts - I knew I had seen him before but it wasn't until we were walking out of the theatre that I figured it out. He plays the elder Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies. I can't remember the actor's real name but it was him and he was quite good, as were all of the actors. Totally enjoyable and it made me almost forget about the whole crap day that had proceeded it.

Sunday of course the grass was much too wet to mow and I had received three "Lost" discs in the mail Saturday so that was my evening sewed up. I did chores and then turned the heel on my toe-up sock. I am a bit confused about that. It's just a short row heel and it went fast but I am confused about the whole wrap and turn bit and when one goes back to pick up the wrapped stitches, well I don't see any wraps!! So it left some odd little holes. I am going to have to do some research on that whole phenomenon. I am wondering if perhaps "wrap and turn" isn't kind of like "pick up and knit" where the terms doesn't actually reflect the action.

I watched 4 or 5 episodes of "Lost" while I worked on the flower skirt and miracle of miracles I am nearly done with it and I'm going to have enough yarn. I did half of the petals - I only have six more to do, then I can finish the top and do the seaming and yay I will be finished!! Hopefully by the end of the week.

No comments: