13 April, 2007

Are we tired of this yet?

I just can't quit harping about the weather, can I? It's just so .... so perverse! Last night when I let the dogs out it was beautiful! You could see the stars, just a few wispy clouds floating around. And now? Cloudy and dark and ugly and getting ready to rain. I just want to climb back in bed and pull the covers over my head.

I took a walk up to my LYS at lunchtime yesterday after sending off the bag o'Noro and bought six balls of Calmer in a lovely blue-y almost azure color. It will be absolutely perfect for the Chicknits Scoop de Jour cardigan. I positively will finish one of the 3 ... no 4(!) sweaters I have working now before I cast on for this. I was thinking last night - I don't know what is going on with this knitting frenzy I've been in for the past month or so. I have finished things -- the Ms Marigold and the Turtleneck Tube Vest, so that's not the problem. It's that I haven't done anything AT ALL but knit! I have periodicals stacking up. The only thing I've read lately has been my "Runner's World" and quite honestly I just skimmed it. I just got the latest issue of "Vanity Fair" and I haven't even unwrapped the last issue! Does this phenomena bare reflection or should I just go with the flow and figure I'll get back into reading and other things when the time is right? Maybe because everything else about my life is so messed up I can create some sort of order by knitting? Fiddling as Rome burns? I could create some sort of order by cleaning my house too but I don't do that! Well ... I'll think on it some more.

No comments: