05 April, 2007

Buying yarn

I've been going back and forth about what to buy to make the green cropped leaf tie cardigan from "Fitted Knits". The recommended yarn is Cascade Indulgence, which goes for about $10 a skein and my size would use 7 skeins. But I don't like the green color they have! And since the top has ties that end with a leaf I really really want to make it in green, plus which I just love the color for spring. So I just bought the yarn on Elann - the Peruvian Highland in Peridot, which is exactly the color I want for this sweater. The sleeveless turtleneck I made with Elann's Peruvian Highland. It's a nice, plain yarn and the colors are terrific. How can you go wrong. Plus which -- bonus -- there's always some left over for making felted bags!

I am going to go up to my LYS this afternoon at lunchtime to check out yarn for the Chicknits cardigan pattern my Secret Pal sent to me. I really want a cotton blend but blended with what? I am not sure. And I'm going to do my darnest to get away from green. I'm thinking either a nice soft yellow or a light light lavender or periwinkle.

I had a terrible run yesterday at lunchtime. Somehow I have inflamed my Achilles tendon on my left leg and it is SO painful! I would run for about 5 minutes and then have to stop. I have iced it two nights in a row and right now it's not painful. But if it's sore at all tomorrow I'm going to lay off and see if I can totally get rid of the inflammation. I am expecting my super new GPS gadget and I am just so anxious to use it. I just don't want to hurt myself any further and not be able to run for a whole week! It makes me very crabby.

Looks like I'm not going to have any excuses for skipping yard work this weekend. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 76 degrees high and Saturday about 70. Even though it says showers I won't mind working outside if it's not freezing cold.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I like that Cropped Leaf Cardigan. You look great in everything anyways, but I can see you in that little number.

What did you find at, Weaving Works? or did you go to Acorn...or is there another LYS up there I need to investigate? :)

Perfect weather for the yard...mowed for second time with my new John Deere. I hit something out in the field (big stick or small log, who knows) I have fingers crossed I didn't screw something up or Kevin will be mad as hell. :)