04 April, 2007

A funny surprise

Yesterday I was in the worst mood! The sun did finally come out in the afternoon and I was feeling a bit nicer. I got the sprinkler going on my lawn and took the dog for a nice walk. My nephew wanted pizza and that was fine with me - no cooking. So we were just chilling downstairs - I was working on my sleeve and he was doing what he does when he's on vacation, which is laying on my couch channel surfing. I got a text message from my friend Mike -- the one who lives in Arizona -- asking if I felt like going out for a drink. So I text messaged back -- Sure!. Of course, I really didn't want to go out ... I was exhausted from a hard day with a bad mood. So then he sends another message -- "Good. I'm on your front porch." I'm kind of dense, I still didn't get it. So I text back -- "Yeah, sure. Liar" and I get one more message back rather quickly ..."Champagne". Ah! Magic words. Up I went and sure enough there he was sitting on my porch. What a crazy guy. I was, unfortunately, too tired for champagne but didn't mind some conversation. He just wanted to get out of town so went to the airport on the spur of the moment and bought a ticket. He is making a record [They still call them "records" when they're in the studio. Isn't that funny?] and can't get along with his producer in Arizona so really came up to lay down some tracks that he hopes to be able to use (one at least) as a ghost track. But it's nice to get a visit and I'm sure we'll be able to spend a little more time before he heads back. I just wish I was down there! Nice and hot and sunny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise! Espeially considering you were having a bad day. Glad the day ended on a good note at least!