02 April, 2007

I was THAT close!!!

It seems to be a comedy of errors - getting together with my new band mates. We had it all set up for Saturday but then it got cancelled at the last minute because something came up for one of the guys. The guy I have been talking with asked if I was free on Sunday, I said sure and he said he'd get back to me. Sunday came and no word. My nephew and I went out to have a late lunch and do a little sport shopping when we got a call from my other nephew who had been stranded with car trouble and needed a little help. We went to pick him up and I had Omar drop me off at home so the guys could do the car thing and I wouldn't have to hang out in the cold. Of course, this is the time when the band guy decides to call to tell me it's on and I had to tell him that I had just given my nephew the car so I had no transportation. He was going to come pick me up but then decided that it wouldn't be a good idea because after we ran over some of my stuff the guys were going to want to work on other things and I'd be stuck with no way to get home. Soooooo .... now I've got the telephone number of another guy in the band -- the one who has the studio/rehearsal space. I think guy A is getting tired of trying to corral everyone and I'm going to call the other one and perhaps between the three of us we can get it straight! I was so disappointed!!!

I bought T
HE COOLEST thing on Amazon.com yesterday afternoon. I had been reading my latest issue of 'Runner's World' and was intrigued by an ad for a GPS device for recording your lap time and calories burned and all sorts of stuff. I am trying to improve my time and it's so difficult when I don't know exactly how far I'm going. Running on the track is a) boring and b) not always possible. And while I mostly run the same route when I'm running at lunchtime I still don't know exactly how far it is. I did some research on line and found the Garmin Forerunner 201 Wrist-Mounted GPS Navigator and Personal Training Device. Oh I just can't WAIT for it to arrive!

My new lawn is looking pretty good, although Tink dug a hole in it. I suspect the fertilizer under the sod was just too tempting. I have some bits and pieces of sod left over so I can patch it, but I was pretty upset!

I did plenty of knitting this weekend since the weather was not conducive to gardening. The package I picked up Friday was some yarn I had bought on eBay that I had hoped would work for the
little green cropped cardigan from "Fitted Knits". Unfortunately it's more mohair-like (synthetic and angora mix) than I had hoped and it just wouldn't do for that particular sweater. It is, however, perfect for the airy wrap sweater so I started it Friday and did more work on Saturday. It's done on size 11 needles so it really goes quickly. In fact, I even had to rip out about four or five inches of work because of a mistake I couldn't live with and I still finished the whole body and am almost done with one sleeve. I imagine the true test for this garment is going to be the two 44" fronts.

While I was taking a break from the airy wrap I worked on the TDR turtleneck. I finished up a sleeve yesterday evening and started on the second but my nephew told me finally that he thought I had done enough knitting for the weekend. I think it had more to do with cursing that was going on because for some reason the Denise needle I was using for one half of the sleeve (I'm doing them on two circulars) kept coming apart and I'd have to pick those stitches back up. It was annoying. Some of those joins are just looser than others. I'm going to switch back to the cord I used for the first sleeve since it never once came apart.

No comments: