06 April, 2007

It's officially here

Spring! It's gorgeous outside! And warm!! I wore my fingers-free bike gloves on my ride in. And the air smelled soooooo wonderful. All the things blooming in the gardens along the way - not yet the type of thing that gets my allergies going. I will definitely have to work in the yard tomorrow but I won't mind. It'll be worth it. The grass is looking so nice EXCEPT for that spot where Tink dug a hole. I plugged it up with some sod but it's a different color -- doesn't look like it's taking. I think I'll have to be a little more scientific about it. There are still some pieces of sod laying around. I'm going to remove the little plug I put in there, spread some nice soil and cut a piece to fit and hope that it takes a little better than this interim fix.

My walk up to the LYS yesterday at lunchtime was fruitless. I did get to fondle some wonderful natural fibers and quite fell in love with the bamboo and soy and rayon. However, at $10 - $12 a short skein (76 yards??? Come on!!!) they were destined to stay on the shelf. Maybe for a tank top. OOoooo! Oh yeah, just what I need ... another project on the list. But really, that little tank from Knitty would be great in bamboo. Oh well.

My Forerunner 201 came yesterday. I had plans and so I didn't get to do anything but charge it up. I want to use it today at lunchtime and I am torn. My Achilles is still hurting a bit. Well I'll probably do what I did on Wednesday which is to run and if it hurts, stop. It's just not very satisfying.

No knitting last night. I was at my friend's house having dinner and girl talk and watching a movie. I will be able to finish up the sleeve on the turtleneck this weekend and maybe even the body. Oh, while I was getting my hair done I pulled my sock out of the bag and saw that I had dropped four stitches! Gaaaaahhh! I HATE that! Little teensie stitches. I didn't have a crochet hook with me so I just stuffed it back into the bag. I am usually so careful about pulling the work through the needles so it's not near the end. Don't know how it happened. At least it's on the cuff and won't show if I make a mess of picking up the stitches. I also received the new Vogue knitting book from Amazon. It's got articles on finishing and customizing and stuff. I also didn't get to do much more that a cursory flip through. Lots to look forward to this weekend including rehearsing!! Woohoooo

No comments: