18 April, 2007

Something else that bears looking into ...

the lilacs. My neighbors have a lilac tree that hangs over into my yard and I look forward every year to this time when it blooms and I can help myself to a bouquet or two .... or three. But this year there are hardly any blooms on it! I am so disappointed because the man I hired in the summer to help out in the back trimmed my old lilac so far that I don't think there are any blooms that I can reach. I know he didn't touch this one in front and I can't figure out why it didn't bloom. I am going to have to roam the alleys and get sneaky I guess, if I want some flowers. I plan on planting some new ones in my garden this year but it'll be a few years after that before I'll be able to enjoy them. Oh well .... lots of them around to look at but I guess there won't be any in my house to sniff.

I used my GPS thingie for my run yesterday and find that I get a great signal running west on the trail. Unfortunately I must have accidentally left it on the day before because there was no battery left. But tomorrow I'll be able to really see what it can do.

Last night I worked on the turtleneck. Boy, that's a lot of sweater in my lap! It's heavy. I guess I'm lucky that it's still rather chilly because it keeps me warm while I'm knitting on it. I am determined to finish that albatross up. I know for sure that if it gets warm I'll put it away and never pick it up until the fall, IF I do. And I don't want to waste all this nice yarn. I'm going to try it on tonight and see how many more repeats of the cable I need to do. I think I'm getting pretty close.

No comments: