16 April, 2007

A full weekend and a present from my SP10


First of all, thanks VERY much, Secret Pal, for the cute little gift I found in the mailbox Friday when I got home. There's a button, a magnet and two stitch counters. One of them says "knit" and the other "Secret Pal 10". What a clever package. Thanks so much! I took the exhortations to heart and knit Friday evening. (Big surprise).

I was determined to get some gardening done this weekend but Saturday it was raining almost all of the day and the grass didn't get to dry out. I let the doggies drag me around the neighborhood, finished up the back of my striped vest, finished my second sock I've been working on since I was visiting Arizona and cast on for another. Oh. And I worked on the TDR turtleneck while I watched movies. As you can see, the knitting frenzy continues.

Jasmine was picked up by her family Saturday evening and then it was just a one doggie house. As much as I adore having a second dog around I've pretty much decided against getting another dog. It's the dirt. One dog is bad enough but when there are two .... they don't just bring in twice the dirt, it must be about four times! Especially when it's damp outside and they get muddy paws.

Amazingly enough, the sun decided to have a visit on Sunday (quite appropriate) and I did the first mowing of the new lawn. It does look nice! I also made a trip to a garden store to pick up some more compost and just about swooned at all of the lovely plants and shrubs and trees .... I am SO glad my sister is going to come help me because I don't have a clue where to begin! I want it all.

The weekend ended with another fun rehearsal. Things were much better this time. It took me longer to get hoarse. And my range is expanded as well. It's just fun. But the time goes by so quickly and I need time to decompress when I get home so I didn't get to sleep until VERY late for me. I am groggy today. Time for another cup of tea!!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I love those buttons....thought of you on Saturday as I swung into Weaving Works...didn't have your phone number with me.

Took a 6am trip up to Bellingham...since I was driving through Seattle I figured I needed to stop. The traffic was crazy from the freeway to Roosevelt.

Did a few dollars in damage at WW...too much yarn, too many projects, not enough time.