11 April, 2007

Crrrrazy morning

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Not that I hadn't had a pretty good sleep, I just didn't want to get up! I had double the doggie love, since I had picked up Jasmine last night while her family is in Mexico for spring break. Two dogs on the bed, even little ones, make for a warm sleeping environment and I ended up on the whole other side of that bed, trying to find a cool spot. I just don't understand how one little 6 pound dog and a 14 pound dog can put out so much heat but it's just astounding! So anyway, there I was hitting the snooze alarm until I just HAD to get up if I was going to get in before the student rush. I like to get across campus before the students are all rushing for their first class. And I was going to make it, too. But then the phone rang. I didn't recognize the number but since it was early in the morning I thought I'd better answer it. My friend H, the sister of Jasmine's owner, is house sitting while they are gone and she had locked herself out of the house, with the kettle on the stove, boiling. Luckily I was already dressed and just getting stuff ready to go, so I grabbed the extra house key and shot out of there. Traffic wasn't too bad, considering the time of morning and I was doing pretty well. I was about one mile from the house when the phone rang again. "You can turn around. I heard the smoke alarm going off and I had to break in. Thanks anyway!" Now that's a bad way to start the day, don't you think?

So I got back home and finished getting ready and took off. I missed the students because I was too late, which is fine with me. It's pretty cold this morning still. It looked nice but ..... oh I am SO SICK of this cold!!! The weather man predicts that it's going to warm up soon but according to my extended forecast on my desktop here it looks like rain and cool weather all through the weekend. Let's just consider this blank space a whole long rant on my state of mind regarding the weather and leave it at that. --------------------------------- --------------------------- ---------------- ----------------------- ---------------------- ---------------------- ---------

I finished up the second sleeve on the TDR turtleneck and now I've got six ball of yarn left for the rest of the body. Short yardage ball (Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky) but they should get it long enough so it's not a cropped top. Tonight is "Lost" so I will be up late and maybe get a good chunk of it done. I really want to put that one to bed. Although consider the weather I will be able to wear it anyway.

No comments: