10 April, 2007

Missed Monday

I took yesterday off - I called in sick, actually. I slept almost all day. And couldn't wait to get into bed at 10 and slept the whole night. I'm feeling pretty good today, as one might expect. I used my running computer last Friday at lunchtime and was looking forward to trying it out again yesterday but it's better that I didn't. My Achilles was still sore Friday and it's just today that I notice that it's not hurting so it's better that I took yesterday off. The Forerunner was a little disappointing on the first go Friday. It was not getting a clear signal for the GPS satellite and therefore kept stopping and starting so it was only accurate for the time and not distance or lap time. Tomorrow I'll try changing my route and running west along the trail. There are more open spaces and hopefully the signal will be stronger. I also used it on my bike ride home and it worked better, so I am sure it's just that my original running route is too sheltered. I should be in good shape tomorrow for a really good run. No pain and lots of rest usually mean a good workout.

I finally watched "The Departed" last night. I had it from Netflix for about 3 weeks and hadn't been in the mood for it but my friend Mikie came by for dinner so we popped it in. Wow ... it is a pretty violent movie and you really have to pay attention because it's complicated! Partly the problem for me was that I kept getting Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio mixed up. Great ending though.

That wonderful warm weather on Friday is still such a lovely memory. It's now bloody cold and windy again! I must make a vow to plan a vacation to some warm and sunny spot next year so I don't get so deep into these crappy weather blues.

My Secret Pal package was sent on Saturday and she got it Monday! Wow, good work USPS, huh? I forgot to include a card in her package but she liked it, so that's what matters.

No comments: