19 April, 2007

There IS light at the end of the tunnel

Despite Tink's neediness last night, I worked and worked on that turtleneck and now I have two more rows to go before I can start the bottom ribbing! I tried it on after work last night, fully expecting to have at least two cable repeats to go. But, since I made the raglans so freakin' deep I was fooled by the length I had knit from underarm to bottom. Trying it on I saw that I only had to finish the final 11 row cable repeat and it would be plenty long enough. I mean PLENTY. What was I thinking??? I have no idea in the whole wide world why I made those raglans so deep. I know that I wanted a big sweater but this one ... holy cow, I'll be able to wear a sweatshirt underneath it if I want! I don't even know if I have a jacket that will fit over it, it's that big. Ah well .... it will be useful and by gosh, it's gorgeous if I do say so myself. I didn't mess up that cable one time! It's perfect. I will post pictures when I finish up with the ribbing. Maybe tonight but more likely the weekend.

I need to get serious today and pack up my office. The movers will be here first thing Monday morning. My desks will go in the hall. My books and software and computers and other odds and ends will be stored in the corner of some room or other and I will be using my laptop and floating around the campus and home for a week. Not so bad. The person in my office is moving out sooner than originally thought so when I get back from my little mini-vaca on May 7 I'll have a proper office again. Except .... I chose this particular "surge" space because it had a window that looked out onto a lawn in front of the Rotunda, a cafe of sorts. However, they have since dug up the lawn and are pouring cement so that a huge crane can be erected. This, unbeknownst to me, is to be the staging area for the earthquake retrofitting remodel of the H-wing of the building (which I am vacating). Oh joy. Can you imagine the noise? And dust? It's going to be brutal this summer. On the plus side, there is covered parking for my bike right outside the Annex door. This is a good thing.

I charged up my GPS and today, finally, I will be able to run with it and hopefully have it tracking the whole 30 minutes. I really do think it's going to help me get faster. I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks about your pretty lawn view being dug up! But, the nearby covered parking is nice. Good luck packing!