23 April, 2007

WIP

In this case it stands for Working In Public. I am set up in the Rotunda, which is a cafe/meeting space with wireless access. It's not so bad except now it's getting a bit noisy because it's coming up on lunchtime. I'll be going home to work in peace and quiet. It's kind of nice to sit here and say hi to people as they come by and accept their pity ... "Oh, poor you! No office and stuck in the Rotunda!". Truly the worst part of it is that the wireless connection sometimes cuts out causing my program to crash or grind to a halt. And right now the aroma of garlic and cheese ... I'm hungry!

I was fairly productive this weekend. Friday night I had a craving for sushi, so walked down to the local sushi place and ordered some to go, then Tink and I went to our little local for a drinkie while the food was being prepared. Nice. It was sunny outside, although not too warm. Saturday after errands and doggie walks I dug out a small flower bed and put down papers and compost. In the nick of time, I might add, as it started to rain just as I was pouring out the last of the compost. Then it was time for Tink's bath. Rather past time, actually. She was dirty! I used that nice soap my Secret Pal sent me and then I had to keep her inside for the rest of the evening because she has this naughty habit of going outside when she's newly clean and rolling in the dirt.

Sunday was going to be rehearsing with the band but there was miscommunication going on between the drummer, who usually gets the schedules together, and the leader. I got smart and called the leader and found out that the guys needed an evening to rehearse just their stuff, so he and I clarified the songs I am to learn for next week and I asked him what direction he wanted to take this band. He had asked me if there were some songs I would like to do and yes,there are .. so I put together a CD with about 12 songs NOT from the 80s, which seem to be where most of his song list comes from. So we'll be getting together this weekend and I've got to get serious and learn 3 more songs this week and solidify the 11 I'm already supposed to know.

I have two more rows of ribbing and then bind off on the TDR turtleneck. I also started the front of the Noro stripped vest. I was seriously considering trying to match up the striping pattern with the back, like Nonnahs would most likely do. It just seemed a touch too fussy so I skipped it. What I did do though was take out a beige-y bit of yarn so that I don't end up with too much brown. I kind of like to let Noro just do what it does but sometimes you end up with brown or beige or grey where it just doesn't work if you're using another colorway to make a stripe pattern. So just a teensie bit of fussing.

No comments: