12 April, 2007

The thing about a brand new lawn

It grows. Quickly. I realized today that I'm going to have to actually mow the thing this weekend! It's going to be much easier to mow than the mess I had, with all the holes and weeds. And it's going to smell terrific. I need to get one of those little sod cutting tools though because the people who laid the sod forgot to cut around the water meter and I got a little notice on my doorknob a couple days ago from the meter reader saying that he pulled the sod back very carefully but I would have to cut it before he came again. Easy enough mistake to make. And there's one little stripe of sod that's not doing as well as the others. I suspect it's from the batch that the landscaper had to get at the last minute. The sod company shorted me 10 rolls of sod (what? They thought we wouldn't notice??) and so there are a few spots with a totally different look about them. It'll blend in eventually. Someone jogs on the parking strips on my street though and I'm afraid they're going to run a path into my new grass. That might be why that particular piece is not growing as quickly as the others. Hmmmm Maybe I should put a few little doggie bombs out there to discourage them.

I seem to have successfully fought off that little virus. It was "Lost" last night but I was just so tired I couldn't stay up for it. I went to bed very early and still didn't want to get up this morning. Of course that could have as much to do with my state of mind as with my state of corpus. My Achilles is all better and so I should be able to run tomorrow which always puts me in a better state of mind. I was hoping to have a reason to take a nice long walk up to the post office today. I sold the bag of Noro but the silly woman hasn't paid me yet. What's with these people?? It takes two second to get on Paypal and send a payment. If it's not raining I can take a walk anyway and check the GPS signal in the other direction that I usually run.

My sister has finally been able to get her work schedule sorted and she's coming up to visit for the first week of May. That'll give us plenty of time to work on the garden and goof off. She's also going to help me do a complete wardrobe purge. It's been a couple of years since I've done that and it's long overdue. It's just much more fun to have someone to do it with, and my sister is the best. She's always watching those shows ... you know .. "What Not to Wear" and things like that. She's ruthless! Now I just have to save up a little money for a trip to the outlet mall because I'm liable to be left with a couple pairs of jeans and skirt or two and not much else.

As for knitting news --- I worked a few rows on the TDR turtleneck and that's it. My goal is to finish something this weekend.

No comments: