26 April, 2007

I just want to say ....

I think it's totally unfair that Europe is getting SUCH a nice spring and we're not. Well sure, it's nice for them --- and I guess I should be happy that people I know and love are enjoying a beeee-you-ti-full spring. But mostly I'm just envious. And wet. It's very difficult to keep an upbeat and positive attitude when you don't see the sun or blue skies for days on end. On the other hand, at least the plants and flowers are doing their bit regardless of the cloud cover so my back garden is doing its crazy jungle boogie. The dogwoods are in full bloom and the big azalea is just starting to bloom. Tomorrow is Emma's birthday and it always seems to bloom on her birthday or close to it. It's a big birthday for her .... and oh I wish I could be celebrating with you Em!! Luxembourg though .... I don't think I could make it there in time.

Last night was Pub Night (also known as Complain About Work Night). We met at the pub at the end of my street - not the Ale House but the 3rd Place Pub under the book store. I was sceptical when it opened last year that it was going to make it because the ambiance is so cold. But it has really taken off. They need to do something about the food though. We just had appetizers and snackie bits with our beer and wine but oh my goodness, my stomach is still not feeling right and it's not from the drink. Too greasy. It was a fun time. I didn't have much to complain about, as usual but I'm a good listener. And I got home in plenty of time to see "Lost". In fact, I got to watch the second half of the repeat episode which I like to do just to keep up to speed. That show is always so confusing.

I'm still working from the cafe. This morning somebody is setting up for some sort of trade show or something. I understand that starting tomorrow there is going to be an open house for school kids and so I think I'll just work from home tomorrow rather than try to get anything done in this echo chamber.

No comments: