08 June, 2009

Back to normal

Weather-wise anyway. More moderate temperatures, but the allergies are still pretty bad.

We had a fun rehearsal Thursday night, although I wrenched my knee a bit and so used Friday as a sick day and just stayed off of it and knit. No bike riding over the weekend either, so I'm pretty much back to normal too!

I got a good bit more done on the ruffle portion of the Ingrid skirt. I have 16 more rows to do, which might not sound like a lot until you figure that each round is 476 stitches. If I do 3 an evening then by this weekend I can start on the plain portion of the skirt. I took some pictures this morning as I was dashing out the door. This is morning light and so the color is not exact - the blue is a bit deeper and the yarn is shiny. These are iPhone pictures and a little blurry as well. After I finished the 5 pattern repeats (16 more rows) then I will be decreasing to half the number of stitches. MUCH more manageable, although I'll be using a size 5 needle. Still, it's going to be a quick knit after that.

Loppem also got a little time this weekend as well - it's TV knitting. Here's a close-up of the cable detail. And a picture of the entire body. I am SO glad I decided to frog Radiate and make this instead. The yarn is a bit warmer than I would normally use for a short sleeved cardigan, but it should cross over into autumn quite well.

After the slugs ate my winter squash starts I needed something to plug into that part of the garden and I found some acorn squash starts and also honeydew melon, plus I couldn't resist a couple more tomato plants. I popped them in and also spread around a little slug bait (SAFE for doggies!!). So far so good - they didn't touch them. I am SO looking forward to home grown melon and squash and tomatoes! Nothing like it. I've already been using my herbs and I have containers on the deck just overflowing with lettuce seedlings. I can't bring myself to thin them out so I'm just going to let nature take its course and see what happens.

No comments: