30 June, 2009

Oh so close!

I really really really wanted to finish my skirt last night. Unfortunately I didn't quite make it. I was so tired when I got home, but I got Tink walked and got cleaned up, and finished cleaning up from the party and then sat down and started working on the skirt. I was doing fine, then I got distracted by the thought of fresh cornbread with the leftovers, so I stopped to make that, then a friend of Mr. M's came by with a new mini computer and I stopped to ooooo and ahhh over that ... then it was time to get dinner together ....... Yeah, there went the evening. By the time I got that mess all cleaned up I was barely able to keep my eyes open.

I did have an absolutely gorgeous night's sleep though. I feel great today. We are rehearsing tonight so there will be no knitting, of course. I think I might have to drive in tomorrow so I can bring it in with me and weave in all my ends. I am undecided whether I should put in the elastic and sew down the waistband or wait until after it has been washed and blocked to do that. I might have to put it in the dryer to shrink it is why I am thinking of waiting. I'll ask for opinions tomorrow.

I got the yarn packed up to be sent back today. I put it in a Priority envelope so hopefully I'll get the correct yarn by next week before we go on vacation. That would be a perfect project to have with me to pick up and put down. Lace .... no. If it's not going to get here in time I may have to finish up those little socks I have on the needles and cast on another pair or .... oooo! Or I could make another Sizzle with the left over Shibu. I have two skeins of orange and 3 of the gold. I could make another Sizzle, this time in the small size and do it in the round. Well, I've got option then!

No comments: