25 June, 2009

Oh I cannot WAIT for football season!!!

Besides the obvious reason - that I like football - I have another reason. Mr. M came home last night with a brand new, huge LCD TV! The TV that we had in the family room is a good TV, but this picture is even better. Football is going to be insanely good on that. He got it set up after dinner and stayed up WAY late tweaking it. I stayed up later than usual because we found a LOST repeat on the SciFi channel and it looked so darned good I couldn't stop watching. My MarioKart looks awesome as well. I don't know if I'm more excited to go home and play Wii or work on my skirt.

While I was waiting for him to get home and while he was fussing with the beast, I was working on the skirt. I got all of the decreases done and now have only 14 plain rows to work, then the waist band. I should be able to get it all knit up tonight, maybe even get the ends woven in and then tomorrow night I can sew the waist band up and put in the elastic and block it. I am anxious to see how that lace ruffle looks all blocked out.

I tried out the new ice cream maker last night as well (big night) with a sorbet. I was wanting to make mango sorbet but Trader Joe's didn't have any mango but they did have a mix of mango, raspberry and blueberry which made an incredible sorbet. Next will be ice cream. We're going to have some awesome desserts at this party Saturday. I'm also going to bake a peach pie. Wedding cake, peach pie, sorbet and ice cream. Good heavens - will anybody want real food??

The wind really kicked up last night and it was very windy on the way in today. The weather is still supposed to be nice Saturday, so fingers crossed!

No comments: