24 June, 2009

The garden is tamed

Yesterday we had the gardeners out to weed, thank goodness. It took 3 people 3 1/2 hours to do it. That's a whole lot of man hours. It's not perfect - I can see a few things they missed and the little hedge around the deck didn't get trimmed. But that's something I can do myself and if I can get disciplined and spend just 1 hour a weekend out there I truly believe I can keep it up. It's really too bad Mr. M is not at all interested in it. He doesn't mind cutting the grass but he's not at all interested in the shrubs and flowers, except to enjoy looking at them. It's too bad my sister's visit is going to be so short because I could use some help deciding what to plant in the place of the things that died last year.

I got lots done on the body of my skirt last night and when I was getting ready to go up to bed I held it up to myself and realized that if I keep doing the decreases for the medium size it's going to be too long. I brought it to work today for Noon Knitting. I'll get the opinion of the ladies, but I am thinking I should now switch to the short version decreases for the other half of them and it should then be about the right length. The cotton is heavier than linen and the big lace ruffle on the bottom is weighing it down. I am loving it still though.

No comments: