02 June, 2009

Love the hair!!

I want to say that my trip to the Derby Salon was a tremendous change from my usual trip to the salon. It was relaxing and fun, like it's supposed to be! I didn't get poked in the head with sharp fingernails, I didn't get water squirted down my back, the hair color didn't burn my head. Oh yes, it was just like it's supposed to be. ;-) AND I walked out of there with curly hair, a natural color of curly hair. Mr. M just loves it! And I like it a lot too. I think we need to add a little more around the face - some lighter highlights - but other than that I am just loving it.

The weather was absolutely stunning all through the weekend as well. We were going to go on a bike ride Saturday but I had to go out to West Seattle, to LittleKnits and Mr. M had to help his daughter move a couch, so we postponed the bike trip to Sunday and I took off to get the rest of the yarn for my Ingrid. And I am SO glad I went up there. First of all, yes I got the extra two skeins, and then I got to root around in all that yarn and touch it all! I have been thinking about using the Indie II lace weight yarn for the Frost Flowers Stole rather than the yarn called for, mostly because it is so much more expensive than the Indie II. I saw the yarn there at the LittleKnits store and OMG is it ever gorgeous!! The pictures don't do it justice. It is super soft and very very shiny. Just beautiful. That is going to be my next big project.

Once I got home Saturday I swatched for the Ingrid and found that I can get gauge with the King Tut cotton using a size 5 needle - that is for the body of the skirt, which is a k10p1 pattern. So I cast on for the ruffle with the size 7 needle and got going on that. It's going to be a bit of a slog. It took me over an hour just to cast on -- 487 stitches!! Then I used about 50 markers to mark out the 9 stitch pattern repeats. Eight rows for a completed pattern and 5 completed patterns for the ruffle. I am half way through my second pattern. It's going to be a really cool skirt.

Sunday was another hot day, so we got on the trail well before noon for our 20 mile ride. Mr. M had his new bike pants, shirt and gloves on and I believe it made the ride much more comfortable for him, although I still kicked his behind. I did find that when properly fueled I can make the ride to work 5 minutes faster than on a normal work day, when all I am fueled with is a cup of coffee. Interesting. I wouldn't have thought it would have made that much of a difference.

Yesterday I worked from home as I waited for the sprinkler guy to get there and get our sprinkler system back up and running. "First thing" he said. "First thing" turned out to be 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Ah well. I got lots of work done while I waited. And now we've got our system going again. I did find a big leak in one of the soakers in the front. I guess he didn't run the system long enough to find it. Kind of made me mad, considering what he charged. But he returned my call right away and said he'd be out to fix it this week. Now I MUST make myself do some serious weeding this weekend.

No comments: