29 June, 2009

Sum-sum-summertime

Friday I had another doctor appointment, so worked at home in the afternoon. I was thrilled to get my package from Webs containing lace weight alpaca silk for my Frost Flowers Stole, and supposedly Plymouth Royal Bamboo for my Flutter. The color of the lace yarn is absolutely perfect! However, I was a bit disappointment with the pink color of the other yarn. And it wasn't until this morning when I took a picture of it that I realized it wasn't what I had ordered! It is Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK Cotton and the color is not right. I looked on line this morning and found the bamboo I had ordered and gave them a call. I have to send the wrong stuff back and they will replace it with the bamboo. Hopefully I can get that in the mail tomorrow so I can get my bamboo fast! I am nearly done with my skirt and while I am looking forward to starting the stole, I will definitely need a simpler project to have on hand.

This weekend marked our first wedding anniversary. We had a big party on Saturday. It was a blast! I had purchased a small wedding cake from the woman who baked ours, and I made red beans and rice, Monika's husband Andre makes THE BEST ribs in the world and he brought those, Mr. M had the BBQ going and ... oh there was just too much good stuff. Coincidentally, the woman we bought the house from happened by while we were celebrating and came in for a tour of the garden and house. She was very happy to see the garden was thriving.

Obviously it was a quiet day on Sunday, our actual anniversary. After cleaning up I just relaxed and worked on my skirt. It was difficult to get the time to work on it. Now I have about 8 or 10 rows to go. Not much. I have the elastic so maybe I can get it done tonight or tomorrow, if I don't rehearse.

The weather is awesome and supposed to stay that way for the 4th. My sister and her boyfriend are coming up Friday morning, he's leaving Sunday and she's staying until Wednesday. So for me, my vacation officially starts Friday am. Can't wait!!

No comments: