15 June, 2009

Happy Monday!

Boy, I don't know why but I'm in a great mood today! Maybe it's because my sister has finalized her plans to come visit and I have decided on a week vacation to coincide with her visit and a few days after, so Mr. M and I can take a little weekend. He is SO busy! I am not complaining, it's just hard for us to find time to get away. The fact that he has a weekend in July open is something we have to jump right on. I am thinking we'll go to Port Townsend or somewhere around there. Water.

The weekend didn't go exactly as planned. I worked in the garden on Saturday rather than go for a bike ride. I spent a solid hour weeding and filled TWO cans! There is a part of the garden that is not planted and it's not exactly visible from inside the house so when I got back there it was like a forest of weeds! Big, tall ones. I am having the guys who did such a wonderful job with the spring clean up come by and take a look tomorrow then hopefully they can get out there later this week and do a professional job. It needs weeding and edging. If gardening was my hobby, rather than knitting, I'd come home every night and spend an hour or so out there. However, it's NOT my passion. I love looking at all the flowers - and they are spectacular - but messing with them - not so much.

True to my word, I worked on the Ingrid skirt for hours on Saturday AND Sunday. I got the ruffle done and 12 or so rows of the short row shaping. This skirt is going to be heavy! Good thing I'm making it from the bottom up so I can try it on as I go. I may be wise to make it a bit shorter than I would like because it is going to grow. You can see a bit of the 10x1 ribbing. Also I didn't get the first couple wraps knit back correctly. On close inspection it's obvious but I don't think it's going to be so obvious when it's on. Working those wraps on the purl side is hard and I still don't think I have it right. But the lace ruffle - nice, huh? It is going to swing when I walk.

AND I worked on Loppem as well. Finished up the decrease rows and am working now to get the sleeves up to 5 inches, then we do the yoke and button bands. I can see on the pattern picture that there is a garter rib to echo the bottom and the bottom of the sleeves but it is not written into the pattern, in fact the errata seems to erase it! I am going to check with Ravelry and see what people have done about it. It is very important to the look to have that, I think. Here's where I am so far. I am also hoping that blocking will keep the bottom edge from curling so much.

No comments: