03 June, 2009

Heat AND allergies

Boy, my allergies are *really* bad this year. It has been a very long time since I have had such a reaction. I wonder if this heat has anything to do with the intensity? It was very warm yesterday - in the mid-80s - and it was blowing a hot wind on my ride home. That last hill was a killer! Then I had a severe allergy attack later in the evening. And this morning I took a pill first thing but am still sniffy and itchy. Hope it goes away soon!

It was just plain too hot to run yesterday and today I'm proctoring an exam at lunchtime and I don't want to go out and get sweaty before so ... no running today either. I don't care - I'm too stuffy and uncomfortable to care.

It looks like I'm going to start rehearsing again with my original band. I am going over there Thursday night to assess where we are, see the new songs they've been working on and to see the new rehearsal space and studio. Doug is very excited about it. Mr. M bought me a new microphone - it's pink! And it has interchangeable screens - gold, matte black and silver. I am rather looking forward to it. If I can only get him to nail down a bass player, then maybe we can book some gigs!

No comments: