17 June, 2009

Finally they are fixing the trail

There is a portion of the Burke-Gilman trail that is SO bumpy. You can tell people that ride it regularly by their elaborate weaving path through the cracks and bumps. I have lost my panniers more than once on that stretch. Yesterday evening we were directed by signs off the trail and back on by the Metropolitan Market and again this morning it was closed. So yay!! It is about time!

Today is Noon Knitting but I couldn't bring either of my "big" projects in because they wouldn't fit in my panniers. So I brought socks. I have only a couple rows left of Loppem, then the sleeve bottoms. I am astonished at how much yarn I have left. I am still working on unraveling the Radiate, I have two balls of yarn already wound and I will most likely only use a small portion of one of them. AND I have 3 skeins of yarn that hasn't been wound. That means this little sweater is going to come in at under 600 yards.

No meetings today, one more tomorrow. This is the time of the year when we get together with faculty from the other sites, plus we're gearing up for the anatomy course in September. And people are writing grants like crazy. It's kind of nice to see action around here for a change.

No comments: