23 June, 2009

Insomnia strikes again

It's been quite a while since I've been plagued by insomnia. I was so very tired last night that I headed up to bed at 9 :30 to read a bit. I could barely keep my eyes open by 10:30 and so turned off the light and ... boing ... my eyes popped open. I couldn't get to sleep. When I finally did drift off it was a very light sleep and I was awakened by every little noise. Needless to say, I am a zombie today. I didn't even get the energizing effect of the bike ride because I have an appointment this afternoon and had to drive in. Ah well ... just means I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Mr. M wanted to go visit his Dad yesterday evening so we took off to eat dinner at the Mongolian Grill en route to his parent's house. While there they gabbed and I worked on my skirt. Now it's just donkey work - around and around. I'm working as fast as I can. I have yarn coming from Webs on Friday. I broke my yarn diet and purchased some bamboo to make Flutter, by Norah Gaughan. And a cone of alpaca silk to make the Frost Flowers Stole. I was going to by the Indie II from Little Knits for that, but I liked the colors better from Webs, and the price was better too. I know the Flutter is a simple pattern, but sometimes simple is best and I believe I can rework the pattern to do it in the round.

No comments: