16 June, 2009

I spoke too soon

Yesterday we had day one of our annual course meetings. I was talking to someone from Alaska who said he immediately started sneezing when he got off the plane because of hay fever, which he doesn't get in Alaska. So I said that I thought the worst of it was behind us, based on the fact that my symptoms had pretty much disappeared the last couple days. Well, not so. I woke up sneezing and I couldn't even get my contacts into my eyes! Oh well ... it's not so bad. It's a good trade off -- I am loving the weather!

Yesterday evening I worked some more on the skirt and finally "got" the wraps. I now realize what I'm seeing in the first couple rows are 3 or 4 wraps that didn't get picked up properly on the way back. I was thinking of taking out those 30 or so rows that I've already done and starting over but ... nah. Honestly it's really only visible if you get right up on it. I can make that the back and then even I won't have to look at it!

After dinner I got to work on the Loppem. I did some sleuthing on Ravelry yesterday and found out that the original corrections that had been sent and published as errata had in fact had errors! Can you imagine what a nightmare that must have been for Norah Gaughan? Good heavens. Anyway I got that squared away and was just knitting away, "one more row" --- you know how it goes. Before I knew it, there I was an hour past my normal bedtime! I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. But I will be able to finish up the Loppem tonight, hopefully. One thing though --- I messed up the first buttonhole! It is very small. I'm hoping I can stretch it.

I booked us rooms yesterday for our little mini-vaca. We're going to take my sister to the airport early Wednesday evening and then we'll head to Port Hadlock for two nights at the Inn at Port Hadlock, and then one night in Port Townsend. I got us a place there with a view AND a Jacuzzi on the deck! Yeah baby! Now fingers crossed our weather isn't just an aberration and we'll have warm weather in July!

No comments: