22 June, 2009

It is now officially Summer ....

and therefore the sun has taken its accustomed place behind the rain clouds. It was nice while it lasted, eh?

I had a doctor's appt. Friday afternoon so worked from home. Friday evening and Saturday day and evening I worked on the Ingrid skirt. The short row bits, 3 of them consisting of 28 rows, took forever! Especially the third one which went all the way around the front and back, working towards the left side marker. Once I got the hang of the short rows, and started using markers, it went a bit faster. But still - whew! The odd thing about this pattern though is that it is written with one side being about 4-6 inches shorter than the other in the short row department. It's odd but supposedly it's supposed to make the lace panel hang straight. I hope it doesn't look funny. I can't see it in the pattern picture. Here's where I am now. I am working on the body and have done 3 of 15 6-row repeats, with decreases on the 6th row.

For Father's Day Tinkerbell bought Mr. M an ice cream maker. He is excited! I took him and his daughter out to eat last night - nothing fancy, just Red Robin. It was packed.

No comments: