01 February, 2011

Look ma! I'm flying!

That's what running in those awesome new shoes feels like.  They are so incredibly light.  Remember when running shoes used to be so huge and clunky almost?  Now there are people advocating barefoot running.  Have you seen the funny shoes with toes?  They are really more like aqua socks.  Well, my shoes aren't that crazy but indeed they are way different from my Pumas.  I did an hour of walk 5, run 10.  At the end of the hour my right foot was hurting a bit though and that's not good.  Today I brought my Garmin.  I need to calibrate the Nike+ sensor so I will walk a mile and if my foot isn't hurting then I'll run the second mile and that should do it.  The notes with the sensor say that the default calibration is generally good for most people and it did seem to be yesterday but I would like to get it exact.  I believe in accuracy in all things.

I was going to bike in but ended up taking the bus because it was only 30 degrees this morning and all I need is to hit a patch of ice going down one of those hills.  It is cold and very clear and I noticed, walking to the bus, that it is much lighter.  I had to carry a flashlight a few weeks ago. 

No knitting last night.  Had a nice dinner out and watched a pretty funny movie - "Date Night".  I should be able to get a good few hours in on the Chirimen Tepotzlan.  And I will vow to do at least two rows of color work at noon knitting tomorrow.  I am sure looking forward to being done with that thing.

No comments: