12 December, 2011

Get that energy away from me!

Friday was an absolutely ridiculous day.  There is a woman I am working with this quarter whose energy is sometimes palpable.  She comes storming ... well, as far as you can storm into a closet ... into my office, eyelids twitching, asking questions and making comments nonstop, never waiting for an answer.  And everything is last minute with her.  She is all about the last minute which has been making my life a misery because she expects me to jump right into her crazy soup with her.  Add into that a couple of other large and immediate projects and you have a Friday that couldn't end soon enough.  Before noon I had a chance to look at myself in the mirror and I had already rubbed all the makeup off my face.  Not a good sign.  I made it through alive, everything done and feeling like I'd run a marathon.  All I wanted to do was go home, take Tink for a nice walk in the waning sunshine, take a shower and crawl into bed with a book.   Which is basically what I did.  Unfortunately I had made plans with a girlfriend to go out to listen to some music.  We hadn't made definite plans and because all craziness during the week I had, unfortunately, forgotten about it.  I felt terrible, but I truly could not have dragged myself out for anything.  She was very nice about it and we're going to get together this coming weekend instead.

Saturday was cold and Tink and I didn't have a huge long walk, but a good one. I was feeling a little off Saturday,  but went out into the world to run my errands and came home to finish up my convertible mittens, which I did finally by 4 o'clock Saturday.  I just couldn't warm up though.  I took Tink for another walk and then when I got back I decided to have a nice, hot bath.   I had gotten some gorgeous oil at Harrods and the woman who sold it to me said it is nice in a bath, so that's what I did.  The smell is out of this world!  So yummy.  Unfortunately this bathtub leaves much to be desired.  I have only used this tub once or twice since I moved in, so I forget that it is not a comfortable bath.  You can't recline because the back is flat rather than sloped.  Stupid design.  I ended up laying on my stomach so I could submerge myself and get warm. 

I won my fantasy matchup this weekend, beating another of my nephews.  The Seahawks are on Monday night football tonight and some of the other guys have players in this game, so I won't know until tomorrow.  BUT ... I might be in the consolation playoffs.  This is an extremely close and competitive league.  It doesn't usually come down to the last game like this.  And to think I almost threw in the towel a few weeks ago!

I don't know what I was thinking about being able to run three times this week. I'll be luck if I get two times in. Today I have an exam to proctor starting at noon, tomorrow is a staff lunch, Wednesday is knitting and Thursday is another lunch.  I might be able to sneak away Thursday before the party.  I'm going to try.  I need to run so I don't go any crazier!!

No comments: