28 December, 2011

Sunny and 70

It is always a bit disconcerting to be in California at Christmas time. Somehow it doesn't feel quite real, even with the tree and presents and lights. We are having a great time, although Mike's been running up and down from here to Palm Springs dealing with family issues, so it hasn't been that great for him. I am enjoying my rest, no stress and plenty of girlie time. Last night we had our own mini-marathon of Kelli's favorites --"What not to wear" and "Say yes to the dress-Big and beautiful". Something I would never do alone but we had fun .... Meow. I did a bit of knitting yesterday evening. Even though I haven't touched a computer or a knitting needle the elbow is still just as painful! Crazy! What could I have done to it by pulling my suitcase through the train station? It doesn't make any sense to me so I am counting on my doctor to figure it out on Friday. I dreamed I was on my way to France last night, but had to get off the plane to talk to my boss, then run and run through obstacles to re-board. Swamps and bridges out and busy intersections to cross. I made it. I would have been so mad if I hadn't! We have a couple of super nice little hikes here. At the end of her street is a park that Warren Beatty gave the city and you can hike way up to Mullholland drive if you want. The path gets very scary near the top, but we climbed quite high. Today I will go down to Ventura Blvd because Kel has a business lunch. It is so nice outside and perfect for a little stroll.

No comments: