06 December, 2011

Not so bad after all

I was a little scared about running yesterday, thinking it was going to hurt and that I wouldn't be able to do it without stopping.  That was not the case however.  I had a great run!  I was only 30 seconds off pace, which I think is fantastic considering it's been about six weeks.  My legs were strong and only the slightest bit sore this morning, and my wind was just fine!  I have a meeting today at lunchtime so it's going to be Thursday before I can go again, but at least I won't be dreading it.

This booklet for the January meeting is just kicking my behind!  I don't do word processing typically,  so when I have to do a project like this it's very slow going.  If I wasn't trying to also make sure it has the proper coding so that I can change it to an EPUB it would be much easier, but if I take the time now while I'm putting it together to tag headings and normal text then it will save me time in the long run.  Once I get the schedule squared away I believe -- I hope -- it will move along a bit faster.  I have a template of the booklet I did in 2007, but then I had much more time.  Ah well, it does wear me out and I have been sleeping like a rock.

It is just so very cold!  I only did a few rows on those mittens last night and I've got to buckle down and get them done this week.  I had to use my lovely pink gloves for dog walking yesterday evening because I just couldn't take the numb thumbs.  These convertible mittens will be very warm.  It is difficult to do some things with covered thumbs, like manipulate the dog waste bags, but it is worth the trouble. 

Although there are four of us in my fantasy league with the same (terrible) record, I am last because I also have the fewest points.  This week, week 14, is the last week of regular play.  The last two weeks of the regular NFL season are the play offs for fantasy leagues and there is no way I am going to be in the play offs.  I gave it a good run though and it's been lots of fun, especially when I was winning.

I had a nice chat with my sister last night.  She's flying me to California for my Christmas present!  yay!  I was not looking forward to Christmas alone, so that put me in a fantastic mood last night.  I ate one of my little fruit cakes to celebrate and it was SO good!  Mince tarts are still in the box.  Maybe I'll take them with me.  I don't have to worry about sharing because nobody else likes them but me ... and some crazy Brit who won't be around anyway.  ;-)

No comments: