14 December, 2011

The problem with those sweaters

I was saying that I was looking forward to being able to wear the winter sweaters I have knit over these past few years and I am wearing one today as a matter of fact.  But what I have noticed is that my knitting style has changed considerably as I have gotten more experience.  The sweaters I would knit in those early days were definitely winter sweaters and they are knit in heavy yarn at a large gauge.  That means bulky with little or no shape.  Warm?  Yes.  Flattering?  Probably not.  Cute?  Sure.

There seems to be yet another round of colds going around and many who had the first nasty virus have succumbed to this new one.  Oh I do NOT want to get sick again.  And so I will not.  There is no room for being sick in these next weeks.  I have a big day today, a big meeting downtown tomorrow and then I have to get ready for my trip to California ... and that other exam. [ I am managing to keep the panic at bay by reminding myself of the logic that they wouldn't wait 3 weeks if there was anything really obvious and it's just a precautionary thing.  And that mostly works.]  One hat is nearly finished and I should be able to get it done at noon knitting today and I will start another tonight.  I did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping on line yesterday.  I will be in good shape before I leave.

Vegetable soup is very  much in the forefront of my mind since I made that lovely batch of potato leek soup. Unfortunately my immersion blender broke so I ordered a new one and I've been waiting for it to arrive so I could make some more soup.  I got a message from the shipper that it was going to be delayed so I have been waiting and waiting for a notice from my apartment managers to tell me a package had arrived.  Finally this morning I checked the tracking and it was delivered last Friday!!  I could have made soup on the weekend!  This weekend for sure.

No comments: