13 December, 2011

I did it!

I can hardly believe it myself, but I'm in the fantasy football playoffs, although the consolation playoffs, which means I won't win any money.  But at this point it's all about bragging rights.  One of my  nephews made it as well and the other did not -- the one I beat this week.  My next matchup is a tough one.  My opponent has the QB of one of my main scorers.  So that means that every time my guy gets points, so does his QB.  But ... I have a player on the opposing team as well so if it comes down to the wire, to this Monday night game, I should have the edge.  It is going to make watching football extra fun this week.

I've been putting those odd skeins of cashmere to good use these past couple of days and have started a hat for one of my  nephews who had complained about losing the other one I made him years ago.  I was working on it while I was proctoring the exam yesterday, which was a mistake because I couldn't concentrate and ended up having to tink back twice.  Since we had the Histo TA dinner last night I didn't knit at all, but I should be able to finish, or nearly finish, tonight.  I don't have much time.  I've been so busy lately, and still have a couple of time consuming and important things to finish this week, that I haven't given Christmas any thought at all!  I will have more time next week once I get this one project out of my hair.  Then I will have a week in LA with my sister and the guys to think about.  I am looking forward to that.

It was very very cold again this morning.  I am happy that the ventilation has finally been fixed in my office so that I can dress appropriately.  Last year it was like an oven in here and I spent my days in summer tops!  It made dressing for the office a bit difficult because I had to dress for the weather to get to work and then dress for the tropics to be at work.  Now this year I can wear all my nice sweaters that I've knit over the years.

No comments: