21 December, 2011

Now I've seen everything .... maybe..... OR

Why I hate public transportation:  Unbelievable as this may sound, a young woman got on the bus today with not only her travel mug of coffee, which I think is perfectly acceptable, BUT a bowl of oatmeal and a spoon.  I swear.  She sat down and proceeded to eat her cereal in the bus.  Can you imagine???  Lucky I was in a decent mood or I would have done a little more than roll my eyes at the guy sitting next to her, who was looking at her like she was crazy as well. 

Other than that, this day has started out with a great surprise phone call from far far away.  I shall be grinning all the rest of the day and long into the night.  As far as I'm concerned, it's Christmas morning.  [Insert huge goofy smile here].

My run yesterday was just stupendous.  It was my favorite running weather - misting lightly.  Not too cold, not too wet.  Just right.  No running today but I will get another good one in tomorrow.  As I suspected, this week is dragging slowly by.  I've got a fun dinner tonight to look forward to, a boring day tomorrow to get through and then ... that exam on Friday morning.  I think after that I will be in the holiday mood.  It is hanging over my head just a little bit, even though everyone has been reassuring me.  I just want it done, then I can relax totally.

This morning I'm going to get the booklet for the meeting finalized and get a price on printing. I've been too busy to really dig any more into the EPUB thing, but I'll have a couple of weeks before I leave for Hawaii to try once more to crack the code.  In the meantime, I'll publish it as a PDF and people can download that to their iPads and smart phones and laptops and it'll almost be as good.

I didn't knit last night to see if that impacted the pain in my elbow much.  It is still store today and I've got noon knitting, but since I'm going out tonight I'll not be knitting.  I did spend an hour or so playing with my iPad and that seemed to aggravate it as well.  Luckily I'm going for my annual physical when I get back from California so if it's still hurting I can have my doctor take a look at it.

No comments: