20 December, 2011

Why didn't I have this luck earlier?

I won my matchup last night!  Crazy business but I'm playing again this week and that's all I care about.  Although it would be nice to be in the money.  I have learned a lot this year and hopefully I can take some of these lessons with me next year and actually compete. 

So that was my evening -- football and a little knitting.  My elbow is sore again so there is a direct correlation between knitting and sitting at the computer and the pain in my elbow.  A week away will do me good.  I am leaning towards the computer/mouse connection being the more damaging because I was knitting this weekend and it wasn't really hurting until yesterday afternoon, after a morning on the computer.

Today I will pass a  huge milestone -- 200 miles running since I've been using my Nike iPhone app, which I started using February 7th.  That's only 20 miles a month, but there were a few months in there when I didn't run at all, or very little.  Yesterday I ran down to University Village to pick up a gift for my sister.  That's multi-tasking at its best.  It was a great run after being off for so long.  I get to go again today and again on Thursday.  I'm going to bring my running gear with me to California.  Finally after preaching to my sister for a million years, she has found something that she loves to do - Pilates.  She said that she never really believed me when I said I got hooked on running and I felt bad when I didn't do it.  But now ... now she believes because that's how she feels about Pilates. Her new neighborhood is a wonderful place to run so while she's at her gym I will have a nice run and I won't have to worry about getting lost because my iPhone GPS can guide me back if I lose my way.

It is always funny to be in a foreign country and find English words being used inappropriately.  This is a picture of a restaurant across the street from the place we had brunch -- this is a really nice part of Paris and I am wondering how in the world someone chose this name for their upscale restaurant. 

No comments: