05 December, 2011

The hits just keep on coming!

I thought I had found every instance of inappropriate behaviors on the part of my recent house sitter, but I had a couple more surprises this weekend.  He used my razor!!  I noticed something odd about it in the shower and picked it up off the rack and saw gross grey hairs!!  Unbelievable!!  Of course that went right into the trash.  And, finally (I hope), I brought the vacuum out to use it on Sunday.  It is the type of machine that has clear dust and filter containers and I could see that both filters were completely clogged with dirt and dust and the bin also full of dirt.  Now I can tell you for a fact that couldn't have come from my apartment.  Not a chance.  He must have taken my vacuum somewhere and cleaned something, because he sure didn't use it in my apartment.  Here's the thing though -- don't we all learn that if we borrow someone's tools, or anything for that matter, you bring them back clean?  I just hope this is the last of the surprises around this house sitting stint.

Other than that, it was a pretty good weekend.  Saturday was cloudy and cold, but I woke up early and Tink and I got out and had a nice long walk before I went out to do my errands.  Then I cleaned house and finally sat down and finished that cowl.  I hate it, by the way.  But that's another story.  I had started a pair of convertible mittens before I went on my trip and forgot about them.  But I can't walk the dog using my pretty pink gloves and my other convertible mitts don't have enclosed thumbs which I am finding I need these days, since it is really cold.  I found the start of the mittens and worked on them a bit.  I also made an awesome pot of potato leek soup.  It was SO good!!  I'm going to make that again soon.

Sunday was spectacular, weather wise.  I slept in late and didn't get out until after 9.  It was bright sunshine, not a cloud in the sky.  We walked and walked and I got home right after the first football games had started.  I had the longest winning streak in the fantasy league -- 4 games.  Unfortunately my streak is over.  It was very close but as luck would have it, my opponent had Aaron Rogers for his QB, I had the Packers defense and one of their best receivers.  Plus one of my other guys was listed as playing but did not play after all.  It came right down to the wire though.  It was a good game.

This week I have got to finish up that booklet for the Hawaii meeting.  It occurred to me that I shouldn't be wasting time at this point learning how to turn it into an EPUB.  What I need to do it get it printed and then do that.  How could I have messed up my priorities so thoroughly?  Well no matter.  I'm back on track and if I can get some quality time this week I should have it done and printed by the middle of next week.

No comments: