31 December, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know it's a few hours early but what the heck.  It's 2012 somewhere now, and I don't want to be late.

Mystery solved with regards to my elbow -- I saw my doctor on Friday, described how the pain started the day after dragging my suitcase from the Heathrow Express train across the huge station to the taxi stand and he said, "Ha!  Traveler's Elbow!"  Also known as Tennis Elbow, which is what I had suspected.  He's intimately aware of the syndrome, being married to a crazy tennis player and basically there's not much I can do about it.  It is going to take time to heal.  No more dragging heavy suitcases for me.  For Hawaii I'm going to use my good old Samsonite that can be pushed and then I am going to keep my eyes open for a new set of luggage, which I've been wanting for a while anyway.  And it'll be the kind that has swivel wheels.  Or I could just learn to pack lighter, but how many years have I been trying that to no avail?  Might as well accept that it's not my style and move on.

California was so nice and it was great to spend lots of time with my sister.  The weather was just gorgeous -- sunny and warm as you would expect for California.  Happily it's not too bad here either.  It's not warm, but it's mild for this time of year, although yesterday evening it did hail, but it's not freezing and I'm grateful for that.  Tonight I'm going to a big party.  It's not my usual New Year's Eve but I am making an effort to get out more and be social.   Monika is going to drive and I'll get myself to her place and she will bring me home, which I really appreciate because this party is quite a ways away from me.  And then I'll have two more days to laze around before work on Tuesday.  Maybe I'll be able to finish Kelli's beret.  And start something else ... or maybe I should concentrate on finishing up a few things.  Yeah ... I should.

And to everyone -- warm wishes for a fabulous 2012.


No comments: