02 December, 2011

I am so glad it's Friday

I was just useless yesterday!  I couldn't ever seem to wake up.  I feel a lot better today, thankfully.  I have tons of work to do. 

Last night I watched the Seahawks crush the Eagles -- they may get a playoff spot after all -- and worked on the every present cowl.  I am going to finish that tonight or tomorrow at the latest and get it out of my sight!  I have got to move on to other things.

When I was on my trip I didn't really buy anything for myself with the exception of a few edible goodies.  At Fornum and Mason's I bought some miniature fruitcakes and some ginger biscuits, which I got into last night and they are really good.  But my big score came at the airport when I was picking up a couple of thank you gifts at the Duty Free shop.  A box of mince tarts.  And oh, not just any mince tarts mind you.  These are Walker's luxury mince tarts.  Oh yeah.  They are in the pantry, which I open four or five times a night to get dog cookies or something.  I have resisted so far.  There are only six of them.  I suspect I will be able to hold off for a couple more weeks.  I hope.

This weekend is going to be full of chores.  I think I will give Tink a very long walk tomorrow and then spend the rest of the day doing chores so I can have all of Sunday to rest up and get my mind around the fact that I've got to start running on Monday.  I don't think the house sitter did a lick of cleaning while he was there so needless to say the place is a mess and I haven't had the energy to tackle it this week.  But I must on Saturday.  And I want to make some soup too. Emma cooked some delicious vegetable soup and ever since then I've been craving potato leek soup.  That would be a good reward for hard work on Saturday.

Oh, and speaking of the house sitter,  I got an email from him last night.  He was going through his mail and guess what he found?  Yup.  My laundry card.  And he was oh so sure he had left it on the table and I just wasn't seeing it.  ha! 

No comments: