15 December, 2011

My disgusting little dog

I love Tinkerbell, and so does everyone.  She is sweet and cute.  But also she's a terrier and she loves nothing more than to roll on the ground and hopefully get something really stinky on her.  She exceeded even her wildest dreams yesterday evening, I am sure.  We got back from our early evening walk and when I got into the apartment I immediately smelled poo.  My first thought was that she had gone in the house while I was at work, so I looked around and found nothing.  But then I turned back to her and noticed that her left front side, from shoulder to paw, was covered in poo!!!  I was speechless.  I threw off my coat as I ran down the hall and started filling the bath, grabbed the rubber gloves and caught her before she got it on anything else.  Two full baths later she was out and drying off.  Then I had to clean the bathtub thoroughly, and finally it was my turn for a shower.  But by that time the water was just barely warm.  At least I got her clean.  And oh how I HATE those slobs who don't clean up after their dogs!!!  Lazy idiots.  The only time I don't pick up after her is if she does her business in the ivy where it falls into the dirt below and you can't get it.  People ... grrrrr ...

Even though I thought I'd finish that hat during noon knitting it took much longer than I had thought it would -- I guess because I'm using small-ish needles.  I got it finished up last night and all the ends woven in.  It is a luxurious hat and I'm sure either one of them will love it.  I'll start the second one tonight.   I love cashmere yarn.  That gorgeous halo and soft soft hand. 

I noticed yesterday afternoon the absence of pain from my right elbow!  Yay! I was a bit concerned that the knitting would keep it sore but it's barely even registering today, and I am grateful for that.  And grateful that it's Thursday.  Only one more week and a day and I'm off to California and warmth and fun.  Next week is going to be a looong one, especially after these last two very very busy ones. 

No comments: