01 October, 2012

The sun and the moon

I should have snapped a picture.  The sky this morning is so clear and blue and the full moon was still out as the sun was coming up and I was walking Tink.  The weather has been just gorgeous!  I know it's going to turn soon but in the meantime I am soaking up the sunshine and mild temperatures.  Some of the trees are starting to turn and Tink collects sticky leaves on her feet when we go for a walk.  She doesn't like it. 

Saturday was a very busy day and I got everything done on my list except my laundry, which I did on Sunday while watching the Seahawks get beaten.  They did so well last week but not so this week.  I did get a lot of knitting done on the Argosy wrap while watching the game, then ran some more errands at University Village.  It was, as I said, a gorgeous weekend and the place was packed as usual.  I love all the pretty shops there but the crowds are no fun, but I needed to go to the Apple store to buy an adapter for my new iPhone.  And guess what?  No adapters yet!  What the ....?  That makes absolutely no sense at all!  They have known for quite a while that the charging port would be different and it was no secret.  Why then didn't they have the adapters already in stock with the phones?  So in the meantime I have to carry my ONE cord around with me in case I need to charge my phone - which I often do in the daytime especially if I've listened to my book on the bus, and then run and use the Nike app.  That eats up a lot of battery.  Oh well ... I'll make do.

So it's a new month and the house thing is ALMOST done!  I had to call around on Friday to find out what the heck was up.  The lenders needed more time ... unbelievable.  So now it looks like we'll have to wait until Wednesday.  Nervous much?  Yes ... until it is done and the money is in the bank I am going to be nervous.  No fun.  But I've plenty of work to keep me busy and I am going to start making my plans for November today.  Hoorah!

There is one more football game tonight but I have already won my fantasy matchup against the number one guy.  Oh I am so happy I beat him!  I'm only up a few tenths on him, but I have the Bears defense in tonight's game so I'll have an even bigger lead and he has nobody so ... I win.  I was number 3 overall last week.  I wonder if this will put me at number one?  That would be super.

No comments: