31 August, 2012

Disaster averted

Yesterday was a super busy day -- again.  I had a run but it wasn't very satisfying.  It wasn't until late in the evening before bed that I finally figured out why.  I have a little cold!  I knew I was having a bit of trouble breathing but I just chalked it up to lack of fuel or something like that.  But half way through the Seahawks preseason game (they just beat the pants off the Raiders) I started having a bad headache and I was congested.  Ah!  Just what I need.  :-(   I have big plans for this weekend.  I managed to get a decent night's sleep though, which is good since today is ... yes, you guessed it .... another busy day.  Maybe I can slip out early, since it's the beginning of the long weekend and next Tuesday marks the beginning of the 5 week anatomy course.  So ... fingers crossed for an early exit.  I am already nearly cross eyed from this sinus pressure.  Why didn't I take some DayQuil?  See?  My brains are scrambled.

Speaking of scrambled brains -- I was waiting for the bus yesterday after work, listening to my audiobook. Usually my phone is in an outer pocket of my purse but for some reason I had it in my hand.  I must have been looking at email or something.  The bus came, I got on - purse in one hand, phone in the other - and it wasn't until we were past the next stop that I realized that what I should have had in my left hand was my bag with my jacket and scarf, NOT my iPhone.  Lucky for me Monika was able to run out and get it before someone picked it up.  Yay Monika!! 

As I was watching the Seahawks I was working with the ruffle yarn.  I am nearly done with the first skein.  Three skeins is going to make quite a statement.  I am not sure if I'll actually wear it.  Well, I should say it will be striking.  Whether it is a good striking or a bizarre striking is yet to be discovered.

A huge weekend is ahead.  Tomorrow I am going to buy my new, small dining table and desk and even look at a new dresser.  Tomorrow night is the first Husky football game.  Sunday is Bumbershoot and Tony Bennett and Sunday night my fantasy football draft.  Monday -- day of rest in preparation for a big September.  Perhaps I can finish up those socks as well.  Seems a bit ambitious though.

No comments: