08 August, 2013

Birthday AND Football!!

Sometimes the stars are just aligned perfectly and today is one of those days.  I get to celebrate my birthday by watching the Seahawks in their first preseason game tonight!  Woohoo!!  Now that's not to say that I wouldn't love to spend my birthday at a fancy spa being pampered, but watching football is a close second. 

Last night was a pre-birthday celebration with cocktails at Twigs.  We were on the patio but the sun was blasting down and finally I wanted to go inside.  I had big plans to get my packing mostly done but a few martinis and the best I could do was throw a load of clothes into the washer.  So I'm taking off today around 2 to get home and get my packing done, clean up the mess I didn't clean up last night and make myself presentable.  Then I can go out and have a fun time and know that all I have to do in the morning is get up and throw the last few items into my cosmetic bag.  I have to be at the bus stop to catch a 6:13 bus in order to get to the airport light link stop by 7:15.  Then it's the looooong walk into the airport.  I do hope the lines aren't too bad and I can at least get a coffee before I have to board.  I hear that the security lines are horrendous.  And a Friday in August .... could be bad.  But I am happy and I'll just be cool and zen it out.

Santa Monica is cooler than here.  What a crazy thing, huh?  But I don't care.  I'm looking forward to seeing my sister and walking on the beach.  I haven't gotten a knitting project together yet either!  Yipes!  One more thing to get done this afternoon.

No comments: